“We have used Sitegeist's services several times and have always had exceptional results. John from Sitegeist knows the web audience and how to deliver user-friendly content and navigation every time. I would recommend him for any site-map, scripting or navigation work, big or small.”
What is Customer Experience?
Customer experience is about the way your audience finds your site (offline marketing, search engines, word of mouth, email campaigns, etc). Once they get there, it's about their online interaction with your content and brand. And after that, customer experience is about the way they emerge from your site as customers, clients, advocates or repeat visitors. Customer experience is critical. It's the sum total of your website's elements. It's the only game in town.
Yet too many websites suffer from a 'talented amateur' approach. Mistakes are common:
- Poor quality: Is your site well-written? Are the images, fonts and other design elements well crafted?
- Off target: Are you using words and concepts that your target audience will take a shine to?
- Difficult to navigate: Is the site structure meaningful and intuitive? Are there too many pages? Too few? Do sub-sections make sense to visitors, or just reflect your business structure? And can visitors find the information they need easily? Are there multiple paths to crucial information? Can they search?
- Hard to find: No point having a website if it can't be found. Are you optimised for search engines and for people?
- Unusable: Can your visitors work out the forms, buttons, icons and workflows? Do they know what to do next? Are you giving your visitors the appropriate tools? Simple is good.
In short, does your site show visitors what they can do, how to do it, and why they should do it? Is your value proposition clear? Why should they choose you?
Make Customer Experience Central
Sitegeist can show you how to give your customers a website that is clear, targeted and consistent.
- We produce 'use cases' - narratives based on real-life use patterns - and ensure these are supported by your site
- We ensure that your visitors are welcomed and oriented, no matter where they arrive on your site ('a welcome mat at every door')
- We advise on the best ways to communicate with your market. Is it full-tilt Flash or simple html? Lots of images or lots of words? Online forms or email contact details? Blogs or wikis? Ratings or reviews? Or both? Or neither?
Here at Sitegeist, we love this stuff. The more information you have on your users and the more web statistics you have, the better. But even without a truckload of data, we can use your deep knowledge of your business and your audience to tailor a unique, common-sense site experience.
This is not just ‘user experience', where the design gurus ensure the buttons and colours work, the style of navigation is consistent and the interaction models are optimal. That's all vital – you should do it. But that's not the end of the story.
Sitegeist's calling is to take your business and your users and ensure they meet in the most effective way on your website. Our work incorporates user experience, but includes so much more.
We'd love to hear about your site and your plans for making it great. Perhaps we can help. Contact Sitegeist.